Friday 25 March 2011

Little Red Riding Hood - Rewritten

Red Riding Hood      Part One     (Rewritten)


“Now, now Red don’t go talking to strangers on the way to Grandma’s will you,” said Lisa, Red Riding Hood’s mother.
“Yeah, yeah whaaaaatever,” said Red Riding Hood.
“Good girl” said Lisa, “now how do you get to grandmas?”
 Red Riding Hood sighed.  They’d been through this over a million times.  “Over the bridge, through the valley and down Lotter’s Lane, Mum.   We’ve been over this.  I know how to get to Grandma’s house.”
“O.K., O.K. I just want you to be safe,” said Lisa, so Red took of down the road and Lisa watched her until she was just a little spot I  the distance.  “I do hope she will be safe,” Lisa sighed, and went to make some scones.

“Why does mum have to be so over-protective?” Red asked herself as she came to an intersection.  She went to turn left as she had so many times before, or was it right? Red couldn’t remember. “Oh no!” Red sat down on a nearby bench.
She thought about how her mother was so worried about her getting lost, but she pushed that thought away. “No, I can do this!” Red stood up and saw people staring at her. She laughed.  “O.K. first I need to stop talking to myself.”
…… To be continued ……
By Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment