Wednesday 16 March 2011

EOTC

On Friday we went to the Abel Tasman to do a long hike for our E.O.T.C (Education Outside The Classroom).
When we first started the walk, my partner was Karene, and we started right at the very back, but when we had just passed Tinline Bay we had morning tea. I was tired of being left behind so instead I went to the front with Tangiwai and Mrs. Rolls.
We weren’t allowed to keep walking because we had to wait for Mrs. Walls to hurry up because we didn’t even know where she was. But Mrs. Rolls just decided to take the group that had already finished their morning tea and Mrs. Currie and Mr. Crudge would take the other group.
All of the people who went with Mrs. Rolls were starting to slack and so we only ended with about 7 with Mrs. Rolls in the front. The people who were left with Mrs. Rolls were trying to be right at the front with Mrs. Rolls. I seemed to get to the front by sneaking my way through everyone.
Once we arrived at Apple Tree  Bay I had a little snack then went to go and climb on the big rocks and explore them. When I went over there I noticed there were heaps of bees and wasps hanging around the rocks.
When we left and headed back to Tinline for lunch I still managed to stay in front next to Mrs. Rolls. Once we arrived at Tinline Bay there was a huge sigh of relief and excitement. Then I tried to eat my lunch as fast as I could so I could go swimming. When I touched the water my body froze, but I soon got over it.
Once I was refreshed we were back on our walk to the bus.
We finally arrived to the bus with success.
By Tui
Image001

No comments:

Post a Comment