Thursday 21 March 2013

Bridge Valley Camp from Marlene


Bridge Valley Camp
I will tell you all about Bridge Valley Camp and the fun we had in activities .
Activities:
*1.In rock climbing we climbed on a very high handmade rock it was very fun, they put harnesses around you so if you fall or want to get of the rock you don’t get hurt and will get safe on the ground.
 
2. In shooting we had a lot of fun shooting fake bunnies and shooting bottles. We had to wear special glasses and stand behind the red line
 3. In the confidence course we jumped over walls, climbed over nets, did monkey bars and we had to balance on planks in the air.
 4. Racing trikes was awesome it was like a go kart but with paddles and there is almost no structure, it was fun!
 5.In kayaking we kayaked in a pond or lake near the hydro slide and water tramp, it was a wet but fun activity. We played touch and battleships and Pastor Shane tipped my kayak and splashed me with water but at least we had life jackets.
 6. In go karts it was a bumpy ride and me and Jasmine were very fast and didn’t even use the brakes
.  
 7. The slippery long was a pillow fight on along that moved tied to a chain.
8. In Ironman we had to do all kinds of stuff in race mode. I did the dive in part (Where you dive of a plat form into the lake and swim to the wharf.)
 9. High ropes were very fun and it’s where you are very high of the ground and do obstacle courses in the air.
10. The two waterslide’s was very fun. The Hydro slide was very long and you had to sit on a mat to go down the slide, it was slippery.
11. In the top 10 team we did a few obstacles like barrel roll where someone should climb on a barrel and hold onto someone and roll the barrel at a point.
12. In archery it was one of the most fun activities, I had 2 bull’s eyes and one in the red and blue.
 My favourite activity’s was High ropes because we had to go thru obstacle’s high in the sky, Go karts was awesome it was bumpy and full speed, and Archery I just loved it to pieces. “Why do I like it so much?” asked Olivia. I Love to show my strength and shooting out in nature in a very old weapon .It makes me think of horse riding and shooting targets while I am on my horse.
     
In between all the activities we had morning tea, breakfast, lunch, free time and dinner. We had things like fish, chicken, chips, salad, cereal and more. For breakfast I had 2 pieces of toast every morning and Mr Matthews had 7 .How does he get that in his tummy? In spotlight we had to touch people with the light of a torch and if u did you need to touch them with your hand .It is like normal touch but just at night time, it was very fun but a boy who tried to touched me ended up punching me. Me and my friends had very fun.
We also had some fun swimming and jumping of the platform into the lake
And the fish guy that we did not listen to at the sea pools in Motueka came back to give us a another lesson at Bridge Valley and we enjoyed it very much he told us the food cycle of marine life (thru puppets) and dressed Olivia as a fish to show us interesting facts and made Brooklyn dress in to all kinds of things to show us how hard it is to life under sea. It was funny and the whole class enjoyed it .       

From Marlene

No comments:

Post a Comment