Friday 8 April 2011

Summer Sports - Volleyball

I’m sitting on the cold wooden floor of the Rec Centre.  I absentmindedly take a bite of my hazel nut muesli bar.  I hear the squeaking of sneakers and the sound of volleyballs hitting the ground. I love volleyball
But I’m glad to have a by.  The whistle blows and teams explode with cheering and laughing. My team, the Cute Kitties (NOT my name choice by the way) get up; we are ready for the next game.  I put the remains of my muesli bar in my lunch box and stand up.  We walk over to our court and the whistle blows, game on. I promise myself to get the ball over the net and not to be afraid of it. I stand in front of the net, Jayden (our team captain) does paper, scissors, rock with the others team’s captain and they win. The girl at the back serves, the ball comes towards me, I spike it over the net… SUCCESS!!! Our team wins, 8-9. I laugh. If I hadn’t got the ball over we would have lost. What an EPIC day.
AWESOME
Image001

By Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment