Friday 20 May 2011

Writing

This Term we have been looking at paragraphs and sentence starters. Here is a story I wrote:

Emily:
This is how it happened.  Me, Trisha and Sam were at our tree house by the sands of the beach. The wind was picking up and we could hear the waves come up the shore, only to go back to the sea again.
Suddenly a tree fell down, crashing smack down the middle of our tree house. A minute later we realised that Sam was lying on the ground under the fallen tree.    She lay there not moving, her right leg was broken.  We called 111 and soon after an ambulance arrived to take Sam to the hospital.

Trisha:
We were playing a game of monopoly; the wind was whistling through the cracks in our bamboo tree house.  I imagined the crystal sea waters swallowing the sand urging little kids to go into the waters.
Suddenly there was a flash of light as the walls caved in on us. Some minutes later we saw Sam lying smack down on the hard floor.   She was bleeding all over and not moving.  Emily called the ambulance to take her to hospital.

Sam:
I was playing with my friends in our little tree house that hung above the rushing waters.   I have always enjoyed spending time with my friends. 
All of a sudden something hit us and I must have got knocked out because I don’t remember anything except waking up to a St John’s person trying to keep me breathing.
Now I am in the hospital and my leg is throbbing with pain.  I think I might faint.  Ahh. 

I hoped you liked that story.
Now just yesterday on the 19th of May we had to do a sentence when the first sentence had 1 word in it the second had 2 words in it the third had 3 words in it the forth had 4 words in it and the fifth had 5 words in it. Here is an example:
Cold. Spooky creaks. Echoes downwards falling. Down the musty basement. Smells seep through the doors.
Here are sentence starters:
1.     The little girl on the side of the road wept bitterly.
2.     The forbidden door creaked and a tall shadowy figure stood in the hallway.
By Shanara

No comments:

Post a Comment