Thursday 13 June 2013

The class sleepover --- Marlene Naude


It was a cultural experience for the 40 hour famine for Papua New Guinea.When school went out we all started setting our sleeping bags out and pillows.The netball girls that had practice went outside to do some training for the netball competition and the children that didn't do any sport went inside.The sleepover at school was only for Room 4.When the netball girls were done with training they went inside and joined  Room 4 .The cloak-bay was full of sleeping bags, bags and other needs. It looked like we were going on camp again, I mean it was packed. Some children brought one bag and the other 3 or 4! Then we had some snacks. We had chips and chocolate!.Then we started watching a movie "Wreck it Ralph",  it wasn't a bad movie at all. Most of the children already saw it but the bad thing was it played then stopped played then stopped but we still enjoyed it. Half way through the movie we had Milo and  biscuits, they were chocolate chip biscuits. Then when we were done we went outside and played flash light it was very fun but also cold and dark.I was hidden in a tree, I was at the very top I couldn't see a thing when I was climbing I didn't notice that I was that far up in the tree.Then someone spotted me in the tree and when I looked down I saw that I was at the top it's a far way down! The children
showed lights at me to let me get out. I got one scratch that's all, I liked that tree.Jessie's feet was numb, he said so he said he can't feel it because of the cold .Everyone enjoyed it (I hope). After spot light we went inside Room 4 and watched the movie further.There was 17 children that means more food and snacks. We paired up in to groups of 2-3 so that every group can have a packet of pop corn of their own.When the movie was done it was dinner time we had sausages and chips with tomato sauce. It was so yummy. After that we had free time,
almost everyone was on their laptops playing games or watching videos. After that we watched half of another movie... then lights out for everyone. In between movies and brakes we had pillow fights to.This sleepover wouldn't have happened without Pamela and Liam P they planned the whole sleepover what we would do, the notices, the snacks and money. The whole class thank's them for making this sleepover come true. Mr Matthews also helped. The next morning everyone watched the other half of the movie and packed up their stuff .Miss Gibson helped the girls with their hair and Mr Matthews helped with getting their sleeping bags rolled up in their bag.Then the buses arrived and school started, all the fun was over but we will do that again sometime I suppose.I guess everyone is going to have a tough time carrying their stuff to the bus this afternoon!

By Marlene




  


No comments:

Post a Comment