Monday 5 December 2011

First Day of School

First Day of School
It was the first day of school. The muted morning light was still new in the sky when I woke up. For the past few weeks I had been so excited bout starting school at West Hill High but this morning I didn’t feel like even getting up. As I was lying in bed trying to come up with a excuse for not going I realized that there was absolutely no way mum’s gonna let me out this one. I sat up in bed and pulled my warm woollen blankets off me and felt the stinging coldness in the house, the new house was freezing, especially this time of the year and my room didn’t get any sun during the day. I stared out the window at the thick forest just outside at I wriggled into my new school uniform. It was hideous, the way it hanged on my like a curtain and the yellow of the top made my skin look pale.
Mum had offered to take me to school in the car but I needed some fresh air so I decided to walk. I knotted my long red hair into a shift bun, grabbed my school bag and headed out the door.
Early morning fog blanketed the world in blue-ish grey as I walked across our yard towards the forest.
TO BE CONTINUED…. MAYBE :P
By Karene

No comments:

Post a Comment