Monday 16 December 2013

Bird House

I made a bird house for birds to nest in and have somewhere to rest for my homework.

I designed a simple bird house and draw it out on a nice smooth piece of timber. I had to get my dad to cut out all of the pieces out with the skill saw. I sanded down all of the pieces to make the edges smooth and tidy ready to put together.

I grabbed the drill and screws to put the pieces together. I marked out all of the places where I will screw the screws in. My dad attached a saw to the drill that cuts out a circle on the timber. I screwed the entire pieces together ready for painting.

I went into the shed and picked out my colour of paint to paint the bird house. I painted the top of the house first and then painted the sides. I had to do three coats of paint to waterproof it so it can go in the rain.


I found it very tiring putting it all together but it was worth it. It took me four hours to finish it. The outcome was brilliant; it looks great and is ready for the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment